(^^^ Click on Title to go to actual Article ^^^)
What is the ruin of us all?
- Denying GOD exists.
- Worshiping things of this Earth – including self.
- Defiling GOD’s Holiness by profanity or triviality.
- Not taking a period of rest to worship GOD, for yourself and rest for any living thing under your care.
- Not honoring your parents and respecting your family.
- Willing to or committing murder.
- Sexual immorality of any kind but especially adultery.
- Taking anything that is not yours to take or claim.
- Lying, omitting truth, perpetrating nefarious subterfuge especially for personal gain.
- Allowing desire for the possessions of others to dominate our life – our being.
So obeying GOD’s proscriptions and prescriptions helps people live a more peaceful and productive life; more likely to be filled with love and not hate.
Exodus 20: 1-17 ESV
Achieving these will give you and your family, and nation, a better quality of life.
Jesus summed it up when he answered the scribe:
Mark 12: 28-31 ESV
28 And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” 29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
ESV = ENGLISH STANDARD VERSION BIBLE
PLEASE SHARE MY BLOG . . . NOTE: THERE ARE MANY ARTICLES IN THE ARCHIVE THAT YOU MAY ENJOY ALSO. I BEGAN THIS BLOG WITH JUST ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY TO PLUG ALONG.
THE FORMS AND THE EMAIL LIST ARE STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS PLEASE EXCUSE ANY BUMPS IN THE PROCESS AS I WORK TO SMOOTH IT OUT. THANKS.
You may post your comments further down near the bottom of this post in the box available for that purpose.
This first form is an email sign up sheet and a place for feedback intended for me. I also can place a prayer request or praise on our list that you enter